St. Hugh’s, Quethiock
- Sunday, 26th November 10am Morning Worship
- FESTIVE Ploughman’s & Pud 1st December 12-1:30pm in the Parish Hall
- Christmas Topiary Workshop with Jane Lockyer 14th December – click HERE for further details
- Quethiock C of E School Christingle 13th December, Candle-lit Carols 18th December, both at St. Hugh’s
- Christmas cards now for sale – £1.20 each or 5 for £5, available in the church
St. Hugh’s is the parish church of Quethiock, a parish in South-East Cornwall with a large area but small population . The dedication is to St. Hugh of Lincoln, a popular, newly canonised saint in the 13th and 14th centuries. However, the church itself is 12th century and the site no doubt of religious significance for a few hundred years before that. Further information on the history of St. Hugh’s can be found on the Heritage page and in the downloadable Self-Guided Tour leaflet. St. Hugh’s is part of the Tribute Cluster of neighbouring churches. A service is held at St. Hugh’s most Sundays, followed by coffee and a chance to socialise, and anyone is very welcome to attend. Baptisms, weddings and funerals can be arranged by contacting the churchwarden and vicar – see Contact page.
If you are interested in ancestors who may have lived in Quethiock Parish in the past, please go to the Heritage page where there are more details as to how we may be able to help you.
Use the links below to find out more about St. Hugh’s. “Hello from St. Hugh’s” is a bi-monthly newsletter which is available to all households in the parish.